I get a bunch of magazines in the mail every month. I usually end up just throwing them in the recycle bin if and when I read them. This time, however, I decided to take all the bright and colorful pages and make a pretty 3-D card out of them. Here’s how you can do the same:
– A magazine
– Scrapbook Paper/ Cardstock- I used a piece that was 8.5 X 11″ and folded it in half to make a card
– hot glue gun
– glue stick
– Stamp, Sticker or Large Sequin to make the star
– a smooth rounded pen/pencil
How to Assemble:
1. Find the most colorful pages in the magazine
2. Take your 8.5 X 11″ piece of Scrapbook Paper/ Cardstock and fold it in half to make a card
3. Cut the base of the tree to be about 1 inch – 1.5 inch cube and using a glue stick glue it to the bottom middle of the front of the card.
4. For the rolled tree pieces: I used 13 rolled pages and cut 0.5-1 inch off of each piece to create the pyramid effect. For example the first page will be approx 8X10, the second will be 7.5X10, the third will be 7X10 and so on… I rolled each of them with a pen and then hot glued the seam while it was still on the pen to the paper. After pressing it to the paper and letting it cool slightly I carefully slid out the pen. I continued this process with each magazine page until I got to the top.
5. I used a large sequin star to top my tree and used a glue stick to secure it to the card.
6. Voila! I had a fun and colorful card that I could write a Christmas message in.