Have you ever participated in a tweetchat? Anyone that knows me, knows I’m a huge fan of them. I love the the anticipation leading up to it, almost as much as I love the excitement during it. I like to say that tweetchats are the fastest hour on Twitter. I get all kinds of jazzed when I participate them, but I get even more excited when I get to host them! They are seriously one of my favorite things of EVER!
Anywho – so I’m hosting a Tweetchat on Tuesday June, 12, 2018 for the Tampa Bay Bloggers at noon EST. And, if you would like to join me over on Twitter that day, below are the tweets that will be going live. I’d love to see you as I host the TampaDoesSummer chat!
Tweets for the 6/12/18 Tweetchat:
|June 11, all day
||Join @TBbloggers this #TampaBayTuesday as we share how #TampaDoesSummer on Tuesday 6/12/18 at noon EST
|June 11, all day
||Tomorrow the @TBbloggers are chatting about beating the summer heat, fun things to do in town, places to eat, and more! #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
|June 11, all day
||Tampa Bay is one of the hottest destinations to play in this summer. Learn all about how #TampaBayDoesSummer in tomorrow’s #TampaBayTuesday chat with the @TBbloggers at 12 pm EST
|June 11, all day
||Father’s Day, Fourth of July and Summer Fun – OH MY! Let’s talk about how #TampaDoesSummer with the @TBbloggers for #TampaBayTuesday tomorrow at 12 pm EST
|June 12, 6-11AM
||Tampa Bay is one of the hottest destinations to play in this summer. Learn all about how #TampaBayDoesSummer in today’s #TampaBayTuesday chat with the @TBbloggers at 12 pm EST
|June 12, 6-11AM
||Join @TBbloggers TODAY for #TampaBayTuesday as we share how #TampaDoesSummer at noon EST
|June 12, 6-11AM
||TODAY the @TBbloggers are chatting about beating the summer heat, fun things to do in town, places to eat, and more! #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
|June 12, 11AM
||Father’s Day, Fourth of July and Summer Fun – OH MY! Let’s talk about how #TampaDoesSummer with the @TBbloggers for #TampaBayTuesday today at 12 pm EST
|6/12/18 11:55 a.m.
||In 5 minutes, join the @TBbloggers as we talk beating the summer heat, fun things to do in town, places to eat, and more! #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
|6/12/18 12:00 PM
||Welcome to our #TampaBayTuesday chat! We’re so excited you’re here with us. Share where in Tampa Bay you’re tweeting from! #TampaDoesSummer
||RT @TBbloggers Q1) Now that summer has arrived, we’re dying to know – what are you most looking forward to between now and when the kids go back to school in August? #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||Tampa Bay is a great place to play this summer! From @AdventureIsland’s water park to @BuschGardens wild coasters, animals at @ZooTampa to the fish of @floridaaquarium – there are so many things to see and do here! #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||RT @TBbloggers Q2) Where is your favorite place to learn about events going on in Tampa Bay? @813area, @TB_Times, @BN9, @WFLA, @FOX13News, @abcactionnews or some other source?
||RT @TBbloggers Q3) How do you beat the heat? Dips in the pool at @AdventureIsland? Ice cream at @DatzDough? Iced coffee from @BuddyBrewCoffee? Tell us how you’ll stay cool! #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||Tampa Bay has award winning beaches! Did you know that @TripAdvisor named Clearwater Beach the top beach in the country for 2018 earlier this year? We’ll see you soon @MyClearwater! #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||RT @TBbloggers Q4) Father’s Day is THIS WEEKEND! Tag where in Tampa Bay you’re taking dad on Sunday? #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||Whatever you’re doing outside this summer – don’t forget sun protection! It takes less than 20 minutes to get a Florida sunburn. Not a good souvenir! #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||RT @TBbloggers Q5) Before you know it #IndependenceDay will be here. Where are you watching fireworks this #FourthofJuly? We’re dying to know! #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||Need a day in the AC? Take in a play at the @StrazCenter, a movie at @tampatheatre, or even a concert at @AmalieArena. There’s always something going on. #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||RT @TBbloggers Q6) Let’s talk Tampa Eats! Where will you be chowing down? And, what will you be eating while you are there? #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||Whether you like dining at the beach at @RumFishGrill, hanging by the water at @HulaBayClub, visiting downtown Tampa at @Datz4Foodies, or classing it up at @ArmanisGHTB – there are dining options to suit every taste here. #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||RT @TBbloggers Q7) Going out is a blast, but sometimes you gotta stay home. Share your favorite summer time recipes, and backyard activities with us. #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||Summertime is better with friends. Tag who you plan to hang out with this summer. #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||RT @TBbloggers Q8) Give us the inside scoop! Do you know of any hidden gems residents of and visitors to Tampa Bay simply MUST see if they haven’t already? #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||RT @TBbloggers Q9) Let’s finish by talking about Tampa Bay’s night life? Where will you be playing after the sun goes to bed? #TampaBayTuesday #TampaDoesSummer
||Thank for joining our #TampaDoesSummer chat. We love sharing all the #TampaLove! If there’s something going on the Tampa Bay area we missed – tell us about it! #TampaBayTuesday
||Interested in becoming part of the @TBbloggers? Apply here: http://bit.ly/1Kt4SWt #TampaBayTuesday #TampaBayBloggers
||ATTN BRANDS: Want to co-host a @TBbloggers #TampaBayTuesday Twitter chat, or build a blogger campaign? Contact us: http://bit.ly/1LCWFLS
That’s all folks! I hope to see you in this week’s tweetchat.
Are you interested in me hosting a tweetchat for your business? I’d be honored to. Or do you have a product that you want me to review? Contact me HERE, and let’s get your promo party started!
I’m PR friendly 😉
One of the things I’m asked all the time is “Where can I get more blogging content for my business blog?” Well, you may already have some blogging content gold in your inbox right now! They’re your customer testimonials!
Are you a travel agent? Perhaps you had a client go on a trip that completely knocked their socks off and they sent you a glowing e-mail about how awesome you and your business are. Why not use that testimonial to share the trip with your potential and current customers? Who knows? It could yield additional bookings for that same experience.
Maybe you’re a hair stylist who made someone’s day because you did their hair just perfectly for their wedding day. That should be featured! Bonus points if you get permission from the client to share the images of how awesome their hair looked!
Pro tip: Always ask permission before sharing images and/or words your clients give you
Another example could be a personal trainer or nutritionist who helped their clients get to their goal weight. These amazing results should be shared to inspire new people to sign with you.
I’m sure you’re starting to see the point I’m trying to make – testimonials as blog content not only show off how awesome you and your business are, they also:
- Show people real results that they too can have if they work with you
- Give you a way to showcase products and services that people might not even realize you offer
- Provide you with content that practically writes itself
How can you get some glowing testimonials?
Ask for them! Every time you work with a client, ask for feedback. Sure, the reviews they give you may not always be awesome, but getting feedback never hurt anyone. You want to make your business better don’t you? Consider any type of feedback a win-win.
– If they love you BOOM instant blog content
– If they didn’t love you BOOM opportunity to grow and improve
Mixing testimonials in with your current blog content calendar can give you a reprieve when you’ve got writer’s block, and it could also inspire additional content topics. And just like that, your business blog got a little better.
I decided I want to start sharing blog post ideas for a variety of businesses. Something about just keeping these ideas in my head is starting to make me feel as though I could explode. I often will see a business owner, and hear him/her complain about how to engage with potential customers. What immediately starts happening is my mind begins racing with all kinds of ideas that they could use to blog about and share in their newsletters, on their website, possible even transform into an eBook or eCourse….this is just how my creative mind works. James Altucher said that ideas are like a muscle that needs to be worked out. If you don’t use it you lose it, so he recommends writing a list of 10 ideas a day.
With that in mind, I’m going to flex my idea muscles even more. Who knows? This could turn into a fun and exciting eBook or pamphlet for my ghostwriting clients! Without further ado…here is my first set of ideas- Blog Post ideas for Salons
- About your salon – when did you open, where did you open, why did you open, and who do you run it with?
- Spotlight on your staff, or even one spotlight per staff member. What a great way to encourage your staff members sharing your website on their own social media pages! Many people love to have their moment in the spotlight. And, most folks enjoy recognition from their employers.
- The services you offer. Often times, I see a mundane list of services offered on a salon’s website. What I mean by mundane is it just lists the name of the service and the price. I want to know more. What will I enjoy during the service? For example, don’t say wash, cut and style. Instead, tell me about how my service will begin with a luxurious shampooing and a consultation with my stylist about the right cut for my face. Then, after my hair is nice and clean, I’ll be whisked away to my chair where my hair will be magically transformed and finished off with a wonderful blow dry and styling. Example two – if your salon gives pedicures, explain how important pampering is for our tootsies. Tell me about the foot massage I’ll enjoy, and why proper foot care is so important.
- Milestone events. Tell your readers about your anniversaries! Share lessons learned after 500 haircuts. Explain how grateful you are for serving your 100th customer in your new location. Share the joyous news of your new spouse of baby on the way. People crave relationships and love working with those they feel they have a connection with.
- What sets you apart from your competitors? Why should someone visit you instead of the guy down the road? What special extras do you offer that would make someone feel appreciated as a customer?
- Share your specials! Is it your salon’s anniversary? Celebrate with a sale on all of your products. Or, perhaps you could have an open house party and write about that. Then, after the party do a follow-up post and share the images from the night.
- Top 10 cuts for a round face, or top 12 styles for your wedding. There is a reason lists are so popular on blogs – the public eats them up!
- Quick styles for date night. You could even do a video tutorial on your blog for easy styles people can do at home. Now, I know what you might be thinking – I want them to come IN to my salon. That’s great, but building a relationship with your readers is what will make them loyal customers. Show you’re the expert on hair care!
- Hair care tips. I love this one because personally, after I get a hair cut, I love learning how to keep my hair looking as healthy as it did when I got it done. I want to know how to make it shinier and more vibrant. Your customers might want the same!
- My final idea that I’ll post today is a round up post of your favorite styling tools. What are your must haves? A flat iron? A curling iron? Combs or brushes? Bonus idea – mention styling tools that you are selling in your shop. Or, if you aren’t selling tools in your shop, get an Amazon Affiliate account and link to the tools there to earn a commission.
There you have it folks – my first post of blog post ideas. I enjoyed doing this post so much that I’m definitely going to be doing a LOT more of them. Do you have an industry you want me to post about? Leave me a comment below and tell me about it!