Paint some salt shakers to match your friend’s or family’s kitchen! It’s so simple to do.
– The color of your choosing of Folk Art Enamels Paint
– Glass salt shakers
– Assorted brushes
– A cookie sheet
– An oven
– Styrofoam Plate
– Rubbing Alcohol
1. Clean the exterior of the Glass Salt Shakers with rubbing alcohol.
2. Pour a little paint onto the Styrofoam Plate and paint any image you want onto the glass. Don’t paint the bottom. Let it sit to air dry 30 minutes.
3. Pour another color of paint onto the Styrofoam Plate. After letting the first layer dry paint additional colors on top of it. For example-in the above photo I painted the pink flowers first and let it dry before adding the the centers of the flowers in yellow. Let it sit to air dry an hour.
4. Place a cookie sheet into a COOL oven and place the air dried painted Salt Shakers onto the cookie sheet.
5. Close the oven and set the oven to 350 degrees. Then set a timer for 40 minutes.
**DO NOT open the oven while baking the glass and DO NOT open the oven until the oven is completely cooled down. Doing so could cause the glass to crack and/or shatter when the air outside the oven hits it.
6. When the timer goes off turn off the oven immediately and leave the item in the oven until it is completely cooled down.
7. Once the oven is cooled down voila! You have hand painted Glass Salt Shakers!