Hi bloggy friends! So, CK Mondavi sent me some wine for a fun promotion they are doing right now titled It’s 5 O’Clock Anywhere, and as part of the promotion they asked me to come up with some fun cocktails for their CK Mondavi Moscato, CK Mondavi Blonde Five and the CK Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc. Below are the three cocktails I created. Each one was delicious and although I’m the type of gal that likes wine straight from the bottle, I know these drinks will be created and consumed again and again and again! So yummy. p.s. to please them FTC peeps – some of the links below are in fact affiliate links. By clicking them you’ll be redirected to a sales page where if you purchase the item I’ll receive a small commission. Thank you in advance for supporting this blog!
The CK Mondavi MosCosmo
For my first drink I played with the CK Mondavi Moscato. It just so happened that the day I decided to play mixologist was the Fourth of July. Perfect! It was hot as could be and I wanted something refreshing and on ice. After thinking about what went into a traditional cosmo. The original recipe calls for vodka, triple sec, lime juice and cranberry juice. I thought it would be interesting to swap the moscato for the triple sec and see how it tasted. Needless to say, it was a hit! Everyone loved it and the bottle was gone before I could even ask “Do you want one more?”
Here’s how I made it:
- Mix ingredients in a large shaker. I used a 45 oz protein shake shaker bottle.
- Pour over ice into a glass. I used three old fashioned scotch glasses
Makes approximately three drinks.
CK Mondavi Summer Sauvignon Sangria
For my next drink I thought a refreshing summer sangria would be lovely. So, that’s just what I decided to do, albeit with a slight twist from “traditional” sangria. Most sangria features a red wine and fruit. Some people add brandy, others add sprite. Here’s what I did:
- 2 cups CK Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 cans of Del Monte Mixed Fruit – I used the cans that featured mixed fruit in an extra light syrup with pineapples, peaches and pears. They also happened to be 50 cals each, but you could use bigger cans or ones with heavy syrup/fruit juice if you want your sangria to be sweeter and/or have more fruit in it.
- 1/4 cup vodka – optional, but I wanted a little more kick to my adult fruit punch.
- Pour ingredients into a large pitcher. Stir with a wooden spoon
- Refrigerate for 2-8 hours.
- Pour over ice into a glass.
Makes between two and three drinks depending on how big your glasses are.
CK Mondavi California Sunset
For my final drink I used the CK Mondavi Blonde Five and decided to do a spin on a tequila sunrise type drink. I named it California Sunset as homage to the fact that CK Mondavi is based in California. This drink out of all three I made was by far my favorite. Refreshing and delicious? YES and HELL YES!!
- Chill the wine, the pineapple juice and the grenadine – you want these ingredients as cold as possible. Not frozen, but the colder the better!
- Grab a chilled martini glass– this can be done by freezing the glass
- Fill 1/3 of the glass with the CK Mondavi Blonde.
- Fill the second 1/3 of the glass with pineapple juice
- Finally, slowly pour in the grenadine onto the side of the glass and watch as it pools into the bottom of the glass. Fill about a quarter of an inch to an inch depending on how much of the “sun” you would like to see or how sweet you would like the drink to taste
- Drink the sunset and enjoy!
- Repeat until you run out of pineapple juice and then finish the CK Mondavi Blonde by itself. Fret not, it’s refreshingly delicious by itself!
Well, there you have it, my three CK Mondavi Summer Cocktails. It’s 5 O’Clock Anywhere, so I hope you will enjoy these liquid concoctions I have created. And, when you do, please drink responsibly!