Don’t you just LOVE BBQ chicken? I mean don’t you just LOVE pizza? Scratch that too…Hmmmm…is there a way to combine the two loves? Well, yes! Yes, there is! Make a BBQ Chicken Pizza and combine these two all-time favorites together. Whether it may be
for a hearty dinner, or for game night, this BBQ chicken pizza is always a grand slam.
Don’t you just LOVE BBQ Chicken Pizzas? When made at home, they can be a heatlhy spin on a delicious treat. Below is how to make it!
Pair it with a delicious salad for even more of a HEALTHY twist!
Simple BBQ Chicken Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links that provides this blog with a small commission if you purchase through them, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
• 1 medium sized frozen, prepackaged, or homemade pizza crust
• 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
• 1.5 cups cooked grilled or roasted chicken, homemade or from the deli, sliced into cubes
• 1.5 cups shredded smoked mozzarella or regular mozzarella
• 1 large red onion, cut into rings or half rings
Lets Make This Delicious and Simple BBQ Chicken Pizza!
1. Preheat the oven to 200C (about 390F) and gather everything you need.
2. Mix up the sliced chicken with the BBQ sauce.
3. To help the pizza crust not get soggy, bake it in the oven by itself for 5 minutes until it is just starting to be lightly browned. (Note, this step will not be necessary if you are using a pizza crust that is prepackaged – a.k.a. already partially baked)
4. Place the chicken and sauce mixture over the baked pizza crust, making sure to spread everything as evenly as you can..
5. Sprinkle half the mozzarella on top of the chicken and sauce mixture.
6. Load up the red onions.
7. Top with the rest of the cheese.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the pizza has browned and the cheese has fully melted. Start checking it at about the 7 minute mark however, as oven temperatures may vary and you don’t want a burnt pizza!
9. This simple bbq chicken pizza can easily serve 2-3 people as a full meal. But remember, to give it an even healthier twist, only have one slice and pair it with a large salad!
Check out a couple of my other recipes: