Have you heard of Sarah Jenks? I confess, I only recently learned about her. However, now that I know who she is and what she does, I’m a fan!
The Reader’s Digest version about Sarah Jenks is that she is an advocate for the empowerment of women who teaches them to “Live More, Weigh Less”. Regardless of where you are now in mind, body and spirit, her goal “is to change the landscape of the way women relate to their bodies and to redefine what it takes to be happy.”
Do you see why I became an instant fan? Ah, she is amazing. Watching her free training videos got me pumped up enough to make changes in my own life too.
Here are 5 Things I Have Already Learned From Sarah Jenks!
1. You should not wait until you have lost weight for your dreams to come true. Instead of focusing so much on all the things you will do “when you are thin” do them now! Why wait on the weight?
2. You should not be working out. Instead, you should be moving and having fun and getting in tune with your body. Why pump iron and hate it when you can go out dancing and have a blast? Why get bored on a treadmill when instead you could join a friend for a walk on the beach. Moving your body is way better than “working out”. If it’s a chore, it’ll be a bore!
3. Diets don’t work. Sure, you can lose weight but eventually you will give up on your diet and possibly gain all the weight back, if not more.- I can DEFINITELY relate to this. I was on a crazy diet last year and once I could no longer stand being on it, I went right back to my old eating ways and gained every last damn pound back. No! I’m not proud of it, but it proved to me that Sarah is right, diets simply don’t work.
4. You can make a change right now! You can begin doing things to make your dreams come true regardless of where you are in life.
5. Getting spiritual can help you “find the magic in everyday life”. Connecting with a higher power, meditating and just getting in tune with your mind can help you find your happiness regardless of your situation.