If you’re looking for one more reason to add “eat healthier” to your New Year’s resolutions, you’ve come to the right place. Your diet has a significant effect on the health of your skin, as what you put in your body shows up on your skin. Some people have found success with VigRX Plus male enhancement pills as a way to maintain a healthy sex life as well, alongside their healthy diet to maintain a balanced lifestyle.
In today’s post I want to tell you about the foods you should be eating to prevent yourself from getting acne, and what you should be avoiding if you have acne. Now, don’t misunderstand – what you eat is actually only one of the causes of acne, but it’s still important to factor in to your skin care.
Possible Acne Fighting Foods
– Salmon, carrots, spinach and broccoli: These foods are rich in vitamin A which helps regulate the skin cycle. Salmon and other cold-water fish also boost your body’s omega-3 fatty acids which inhibit inflammation and helps with healthy skin cell growth.
– Turkey and almonds: These are rich in zinc which makes for a non-acne friendly environment on your skin.
– Avocados, sweet potatoes, leafy greens: Foods like this are rich in vitamin E which calms the skin. Vitamin C also does a great job of calming the skin and you can find it in foods like grapefruit and oranges.
– Tuna, eggs and brown rice: These foods produce selenium which helps protect skin from damage. As a side benefit, selenium also helps prevent dandruff. This vitamin is best ingested along with vitamin E for the best defense against acne.
– Wash all that healthy food down with a big glass of water: Although there are no vitamins in water, this thirst-quenching beverage is crucial for fighting acne because it helps flush out any toxins that may cause it. You should already be consuming eight glasses of water a day for health and hydration, and this is just one more benefit of drinking it.
Food to Avoid When You Have Acne
It is true, that there is no concrete, scientific guarantee that avoiding certain foods when you have a breakout will help you get rid of it. However, with all of the evidence that studies have given us that certain foods can make your skin worse, perhaps not eating them is a good idea. With that in mind, here are some of the foods you might want to steer clear of if you find yourself faced with a breakout:
All grains and simple sugars (i.e. sodas, doughnuts, candy): Grains and simple sugars cause an influx of insulin which can increase the production of testosterone in your body. The testosterone causes a substance called sebum to be secreted in your pores which is a breeding ground for acne. Grains and simple sugars can also increase inflammation, which can potentially cause acne as well.
Dairy, specifically cow’s milk that has been treated with growth hormones: Consumption of this type of dairy can cause increased levels of androgens in the body which also leads to the production of sebum. Androgens and testosterone are both male hormones.
“Typical” junk food: Stay away from pretzels, chips, cookies and cakes as these are high glycemic foods that are just as detrimental to your body as the grains and simple sugars mentioned above. Avoid fast food too because the greases in these fried meals can cause massive inflammation leading to even more breakouts.
Sushi made with white rice: White rice is a high glycemic food that can cause increased levels of insulin. If you must have sushi while enduring a breakout, either get it with brown rice, or no rice at all.
Alcohol: Okay, so this isn’t a food, but alcohol is laden with sugar especially when mixed with additives for cocktail recipes. Again, insulin increase equals acne breeding ground. Essentially your goal should be to avoid foods that will cause dramatic increases in male hormones, insulin levels and inflammation as all three can wreak havoc on your skin.