I’m all about making lists to help myself stay organized for big events like moving. While this post is sponsored by Citrus Magic, all opinions and the list I created below are my own.
A Must Haves List for Your Dorm Room
So, all the little children are back to school, and now it’s time for the big kids to go back. Yep, I’m talking college students. With that in mind, below are a few must haves for your dorm room.
1. Bedding – mattress covers, bed sheets, blanket or duvet, duvet cover, pillows, and pillow cases. It’s also a good idea to have more than one set on hand.
2. Clothing – because well, streaking is illegal in the United States.
3. Toiletries and person hygiene products – you know the usual suspects like toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, soap, etc…
4. Towels and washcloths.
5. Kitchen appliances – although microwaves and mini fridges are still acceptable in most dorm rooms, confirm what appliances are allowed and which or prohibited.
6. Things to eat with/on/whatever – utensils, plates, cups, bowls, Tupperware, you get the idea….
7. Computer – nuff said
8. Notepad, pens and pencils.
11. Art – get the 411 on how you’re allowed to hang it before just plowing holes into the walls.
12. Photos of the family/boyfriend/girlfriend/ pets
13. USB cables and backup batteries for electronics
14. Some cleaning supplies like laundry detergent
15. An alarm clock with backup batteries for the inevitable power outage that might make you miss that midterm!
16. Backpack for carrying books
17. Extension cables – trust me, you’re welcome!
18. Surge protector – you never know especially if you live in Florida like me. A power outage could fry your stuffs!
19. Air freshener sprays for those awful times your roommate stinks up the joint. I recommend the Citrus Magic non-aerosol sprays. While you’re at it…grab some Citrus Magic Solid Air Fresheners too – you know, for the odor absorption of those weird meals you and/or your roommate insist are healthy but smell awful.
20. A willingness to learn and make friends
Did I miss anything? If so, leave a comment below and tell me about it!