Y’all! I’m ALWAYS looking for fast and easy meal ideas. As an entrepreneur I don’t have time to be slaving away in the kitchen all day. I need the recipe to be simple to understand, quick to prepare – oh and it HAS to be delicious. That’s why I love this meal idea – Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
It’s like Buffalo Chicken wings…only NOT! And ohhhhh so yum!
Before we go any further, let's please the FCC shall we? This post does contain affiliate links. If you buy anything via these links, I'll receive a small commission to help pay my bills without any additional cost to you. Thanks in advance for your support! Okay, disclaimer out of the way! Back to the fun stuff below the image!
Best part? It features all the flavors you want when you’re indulging in Buffalo Wings, but without all that pesky guilt that comes with it. Second best part? You can quick it in one pan, and dinner will be ready in under a half an hour. Say what?!? I know! So good!
I think it’s keto-friendly too. Keto friends – will you let me know if I’m accurate on that? Besides, if you were to take ketosis products on the side, what harm can it be?!
Let’s dive into what this recipe calls for shall we?
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1½ lbs. rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ c. Frank’s hot sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- To serve: 1 head Bibb or butter lettuce, leaves removed, washed and patted dry
- Melt the coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the diced pepper and celery, and sauté until tender, around 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir well and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
- Add the hot sauce and sauté while stirring for another minute or two, until the sauce is heated through and everything is well coated. Remove from heat and stir in the sliced green onions.
- To serve, fill Bibb lettuce cups with a few tablespoons of the chicken mixture and enjoy!
How easy does this recipe sound? It is sooooooo easy! And, if you do want to add a splash of ranch dressing on top – I won’t judge you girl. I know it might not be keto or diet friendly, but sometimes you need a little ranch to cool down that hot sauce. Am I right?
What are your favorite quick and easy meal dishes? Leave a comment below and let me know!
Also check out my Hearty Minestrone Soup by clicking the image below: